Cool Picks Wednesday August 1, 2012
1) The Head and The Heart hit Mr. Smalls tonight, bringing their blend of acoustic, indie-rock fused with upbeat dance grooves. 8 p.m. 400 Lincoln Avenue, Millvale.
2) Do you love rock music, AND karaoke? If so, or if you enjoy watching people perform their rendition of Bon Jovi’s “Livin’ on a Prayer” head over to the Smiling Moose Bar tonight at 9:30 p.m. for Rock Star Karaoke. 1306 East Carson Street. South Side. Free.
3) In the mood for a movie but don’t feel like having four walls surround you? Check out the 2011 film Real Steel (PG-13), a film about robot boxers, starring Hugh Jackson. Showing at Flagstaff Hill, Schenley Park. as part of the Dollar Bank CITIPARK’s Cinema in the Park . Pre-flick concert by Hot Metal Bridge starts at 7 p.m. Dusk, free. Don’t forget the popcorn.
4) Direct from Broadway, experience the hauntingly funny life of The Addam’s Family. In the CLO’s production, Morticia and Gomez welcome you to be a part of their quirky family hi jinx. 7:30 p.m. Benedum Center, Downtown.
5) The annual Shadyside Sidewalk Sale occurs today through Sunday, all along the prestigious Walnut Street shopping corridor.