Cool Picks Friday August 31, 2012
1) The band The Hitmen is made up of original members of mega-hit bands of the 60’s and 70’s, including Tommy James & The Shondells and Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons. Check out their hit list at Hartwood Acres Amphitheater, 7:30 p.m. Free.
2) Popular Pittsburgh rockers, The Clarks, play the 2012 Coors Light Kickoff and Rib Festival at Heinz Field. 7:30 p.m. North Shore. Free.
3) UPROAR Fest, an annual hard rock/heavy metal tour at Burgettstown’s First Niagara Pavilion headlines bands Shinedown, Godsmack, Staind, Papa Roach, Adelita’s Way–and many more. 1:00 p.m.
4) Summer Sounds Concert Series continues with A Silent Film, a band from Oxford, England, who deliver a bold keyboard- driven, rock sound evocative of bands like Arcade Fire ( 7 p.m.). Pre-show music by Ray Lanich (6:15 p.m.). St. Clair Park, Greensburg. Free.
5) Dancing Queen is laying a funky groove track at Jergel’s Rhythm Grille tonight, with their disco and funk hits flashback. 9 p.m.
6) Citiparks and Dollar Bank are showing the film The Adventures of Tintin (PG-13) as part of the Cinema in the Park series. Dusk. Arsenal Park, Lawrenceville. Free.