Cool Picks Saturday August 11, 2012
1) R.A.N.T. (Rock All Night Tour) is happening in Lawrenceville. Let’s run the numbers: 1st annual, 30 bands (all different musical genres), 10 venues (including Allegheny Cemetery, Hambones, Thunderbird Cafe, Arsenal Lanes, Eclipse Lounge). Noon-2 a.m. Free.
2) African Arts in the Park features live music, a vendor marketplace, demonstrations, poetry workshops and more. Presented by Pittsburgh Citiparks and Umoja African Arts Company, today and tomorrow, 11 a.m.-7p.m. Point State Park.
3) Sample craft beers from local and national breweries at the 5th Annual Millvale BrewFest. A small taste of participating brewers includes Penn Brewery, Duquesne Brewing, Church Brew Works, Three Rivers Underground, Troegs, Erie Brewing, Morgantown Brewing, East End Brewing, Dogfish Head. At press time, tickets are only available for Session 1, from 1-4 p.m., Millvale Riverfront Park.
4) Chuck Negron, former lead singer of Blood, Sweat & Tears and Three Dog Night, is in concert at the Meadows Racetrack & Casino, 8 pm. Washington, PA.
5) Local fave, Donora, brings their brand of pop/rock/dance to the stage at Club Cafe with special guest TeamMate. 10:30 p.m. 56-58 S. 12th Street, South Side.