Cool Picks brings you the best in Pittsburgh entertainment every day!
1) Jingle Bell Rock is happening tonight at Rivers Casino. Featured performers are Eddie Money (a former New York City cop turned musician, who rose to success with the song “Two Tickets to Paradise;” Edgar Winter, best known for the jams “Frankenstein” and “Free Ride;” and John Cafferty (Cafferty and his “Beaver Brown Band” provided the soundtrack music for the films “Eddie and the Cruisers” & “Eddie and the Cruisers II”). 7 & 10 p.m., North Shore.
2) Kevin Smith, multi-talented actor, director, producer, and perhaps best known for his character “Silent Bob” in his self-produced, low budget movie “Clerks,” is on stage tonight at the Carnegie Library Music Hall. Smith will participate in a question and answer format. 8 p.m. 510 E. 10th St., Munhall.
3) John “Dr. Dirty” Valby is playing his dirty songs and filthy limericks live at the Altar Bar. His album titles have included: Greatest Tits, Sit on a Happy Face, Herniated Jingle Balls (and the titles can even grow raunchier). Audiences obviously aren’t safe from his vulgarity. For a good time full of debauchery, this is your show. 10:15 p.m. 1620 Penn Ave., Strip District.
4) Club Cafe presents its annual AcoustiCafe/Tribute to the Beatles with 2 performances. The early performance (7 p.m.) features: The Elliots, Buddy Hally & Reb Beach, Caleb Lovely, Nameless in August, Judith Avers, The Williams Band; hosted by Pete Bush. Later in the evening (10:15 p.m.) the Beatles music will be played by: Clinton Clegg, Her Majesty’s Royal Quintet, Broken Fences & Tim Ruff, The Ruckus Brothers, Drowning Clowns, Silencio, Rising Regina, Boulevard of the Allies and hosted by Joel Lindsey. 56-58 S. 12th St., South Side.
5) Death metal is in full force tonight at Mr. Smalls Funhouse. Headlining the show is Cannibal Corpse; also on the bill are Misery Index, Hour of Penance, and Grisly Amputation. 7:30 p.m. 400 Lincoln Ave., Millvale.