Cool Picks Sunday July 29, 2012
1) Filter, Menew, Sick Sense, Through These Walls, Patron Saint, and The Show are taking the Altar Bar stage by storm starting at 6:30 p.m. tonight in an all ages show. The headlining band, Filter, is a an alternative metal band from our neighbor to the north, Cleveland. Richard Patrick, Filter’s lead singer, sings of life’s successes and failures in a voice that projects a powerfully dynamic range. 1620 Penn Avenue, Strip District.
2) The Allegheny County Summer Concert Series continues with Toad the Wet Sprocket playing their brand of 90’s alternative music. The amphitheater at Hartwood Acres, 7:30 p.m.
3) Pittsburgh CITIPARKS Bach, Beethoven and Brunch this week features Aeolian Winds. 10:30 a.m.-noon. Mellon Park, Shadyside. Free.
4) Today is the last day to see the Pittsburgh CLO’s production of Sunset Boulevard at the Benedum Theater. Don’t disappoint Norma Desmond. 2 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. Downtown Cultural District.
5) Another great program from Pittsburgh CITIPARKS is occurring in Schenley Park at Flagstaff Hill, the Dollar Bank’s Cinema in the Park series. Tonight’s feature is The Muppets (PG13). Free, dusk.