Cool Picks Sunday September 9, 2012
1) A Fair In The Park concludes today with a nice collection of crafts, arts, music, and food. Entertainment Highlights include continuing performances of Squonk Opera with their “Go Roadshow” production (noon, 2 & 4 p.m.) and strolling banjo performances by MeanMary 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mellon Park, Shadyside. Free.
2) Also ending today is the Pittsburgh Irish Festival at Sandcastle’s Riverplex. Enjoy Irish culture, music, dance, art, food, beer and whiskey. Highlights include: an Irish language mass (10 a.m.); Irish Names, Their Origins and Meanings (noon); and Pittsburgh favorite, Irish singer Cahal Dunne (12:30 p.m.). There are many other great performers. 9 a.m.-6 p.m., West Homestead.
3) Renaissance Festival Pittsburgh continues on weekends through September 30. Take an adventure to the past and enjoy jousting, fire eaters/blowers, children’s realm, artisans marketplace, period-costumed performers, food and more. 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m., West Newton.
4) The Drowsy Chaperone could spell danger or hilarity. See how the play turns out at the McKeesport Little Theater. 2 p.m., 1614 Coursin Street, McKeesport.
5) James Street Gastropub and Speakeasy hosts the Muddy Kreek Blues Band. 7-10 p.m. 422 Foreland St., North Side.
Cool Picks brings you the best in Pittsburgh entertainment every day!