Cool Picks Thursday July 12, 2012
1) The Vans Warped Tour of bands is making a stop at First Niagara Pavilion today in Burgettstown starting at noon. Featured band is Pierce The Veil.
2) Club Cafe has acoustic guitarist Caleb Lovely and South East Ohio native, Dom Liberati, who delivers bass driven rock with great hooks; and special guest Jason Myles Goss in concert, 8 p.m. show. 56-58 South 12th Street, South Side.
3) Kung Fu Panda 2 (PG) is being shown in Brookline Memorial Park tonight at dusk as part of the Dollar Bank CITIPARKS Cinema in the Park series.
4) Get ready for this weekends double Dave Matthews Band Shows with Dave Matthews tribute band, One Sweet Burgh at Jergel’s Rhythm Grille. No cover, 8 p.m. start. 103 Slade Lane, Warrendale.
5) It’s the last days to see the Carnegie Museum of Art’s Henri Matisse: The Thousand and One Nights exhibit. Matisse created this interesting and fanciful work when he was 81 years old and confined to his bed. The Thousand and One Nights is a museum visitor favorite and a multi-paneled painted paper cut-out, inspired by the Persian literary classic Arabian Nights. Oakland.