Cool Picks Tuesday July 10, 2012
1) Should be another great weather day for the Pittsburgh Cultural Trusts BNY Mellon “JazzLive” Tuesdays outside at Agnes Katz Plaza. This weeks featured performer is jazz bassist Tony DePaolis. 5 p.m. start. Penn & 7th Street Downtown.
2) Round up the neighborhood kids and walk them (or pack them safely in the minivan) to the Elliott Overlook to see Kung Fu Panda 2 (PG) as part of the Dollar Bank CITIPARKS “Cinema in the Park” series. Dusk. Free.
3) Altar Bar ,in the Strip, is sporting a full bill with: The Sleeper Pick, Fridays for Fighting, A Faster Ride, Pilot 6, and Saving Elizabeth in an all ages show starting at 6 p.m. 1620 Penn Avenue.
4) Dance to dubstep at Z:Lounge’s Dub:Z night w/RSK + Special Guests. Drink specials 9 p.m. – Midnight. 2108 E. Carson Street. South Side.
5) Pittsburgh’s dynamic duo, Pete Hewlett & Scott Anderson, play unplugged classic rock at Billy’s Road House from 5-7:30 p.m. 10150 Old Perry Highway, Wexford.