Cool Picks brings you the best in Pittsburgh entertainment every day!
1) The Pittsburgh Irish and Classical Theatre’s current production is The School for Lies. The play is an adaptation by David Ives of the Moliere classic, “The Misanthrope.” In “The School For Lies,” Frank, a somewhat grumpy man, decides to tell the truth to everyone he meets, no matter how offensive. His plan goes awry when he falls in love with an equally sharp-tongued woman named Celimene. Sparks and comedy ensue. Directed by Andrew S. Paul, runs through December 15th. Pre-show discussion, 7 p.m. Show, 8 p.m. The Charity Randall Theatre, University of Pittsburgh Campus.
2) Enjoy a Bluegrass Jam Session with members of the Shelf Life String Band at the venerable Park House. Pints of Yuengling, $2 during the jam, + free peanuts + free popcorn. Jam runs from 9 p.m. – midnight. No cover. 403 E. Ohio St., North Side.
3) Cappy’s Cafe in Shadyside is holding its Team Trivia Contest tonight with Trivia Master “Alex.” 9 -11 p.m. Trivia night Yuengling draft special, $3 for a 20 oz. brew. 5431 Walnut Street.
4) Rock and Bowl at Arsenal Bowl. For $8, “all-you-can-bowl” and a live band on the lanes (no, if you bowl, you won’t be able to hit them with your ball). 9 p.m. – midnight, 21 (+). 212 44th & Butler St., in the heart of “the Ville,” Lawrenceville.
5) In a throw back to the French and Indian War, Pitt takes on Duquesne in the annual City Game for Pittsburgh college basketball bragging rights. 7 p.m. CONSOL Energy Center, Uptown.