Michael Buble’ at Consol Center; Penn Brewery Oktoberfest Kicks Off (CP’s Fri. 9/20/13)
1) Multi-Grammy Award-winning vocalist Michael Buble’ takes the stage at Consol Energy Center tonight. Buble’, a Canadian export whose 2007 album Call Me Irresponsible, rose to the No.1 spot on the Canadian, American, British, Australian and several other album charts, is a popular world-wide performer. 8 p.m. 1001 Fifth Ave., Uptown.
2) Penn Brewery has begun its Oktoberfest celebration at the brewery, restaurant and bar complex. Plenty of fine Penn Brews, German food and entertainment are on tap. Today’s music lineup is: Kevin Solecki (inside) 5 – 8:00 p.m., Autobahn (outside), 5 – 8 p.m., Madel Jager (inside) 8- 11:30 p.m., Heimet Klang (outside) 8:30 p.m. – midnight, . 800 Vinial St., Troy Hill.
3) Our Pirates take on the Cincinnati Reds in the opening night of an important three-game series as the Bucs continue to battle for a playoff spot. It’s a Free Shirt Friday. 7:05 p.m. 115 Federal St., North Shore.
4) Young the Giant, a California indie rock band, had two singles from their 2010 debut album Young the Giant, climb to the top five of the U.S. and Canadian alternative music charts. Those singles are “My Body” and “Cough Syrup.” Doors open 7 p.m. Stage AE, 400 North Shore Dr., North Shore.
5) Good Fridays at the Warhol is a weekly party at the museum, featuring art exhibits, music, and cocktails in the high temple to Andy Warhol’s numerous talents. Half-price museum admission. 5 – 10 p.m. 117 Sandusky St., North Shore.