1) The world-renowned Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra will dazzle the crowd tonight with an outdoor show at Hartwood Acres as part of the Allegheny County Summer Concert Series. This free concert will feature music by Mozart, Beethoven, and Tchaikovsky, with Jennifer Orchard as violinist. Bring a picnic blanket and enjoy a night of classical music under the stars. 8 p.m. 200 Hartwood Acres, Hampton and Indiana townships.
2) Pittsburgh Guitars is holding their 11th Annual Big Beatles Show, a fundraiser to benefit the Strum Together Scholarship Fund. This fun event is a rock’n night full of Beatles songs performed by very talented local musicians. Proceeds go towards providing musical performance scholarships to needy young adults. 6 p.m. Rex Theater. 1602 E. Carson St., South Side.
3) Enjoy some fabulous show tunes by Stephen Sondheim as the Pittsburgh CLO presents Side by Side By Sondheim tonight at the Cabaret at Theater Square. Featuring songs from such musicals as Company, A Little Night Music, Pacific Overtures, and many more, this revue is sure to entertain Broadway fans of all ages. Matinee, 2 p.m. Through July 14. 655 Penn Ave., Cultural District.
4) What’s missing from your summer coconut drink? Caribbean music, of course! Kobo Town, a Canadian Caribbean/reggae band, will be putting on a show tonight at the Thunderbird Café. Enjoy the sounds and storytelling songs with calypso, ska, and hip hop influences with a distinct reggae feel. Special guests are Truth and Rite. 8 p.m. 4023 Butler St., Lawrenceville.
5) Running July 6 – 21, Pittsburgh’s Opera Theater Summerfest is sure to deliver opera in a new way. Priding themselves on a new interpretation of old classics, Opera Theater says their mission is to create diversity and bring opera to people previously not interested in the genre. Today’s performances begin at 1 p.m. with a brunch to Liebeslieder waltzes, followed by A Little Night Music at 2:30 p.m. and a post-show Piano Bar at 4:30 p.m. Summerfest performances, ticket packages, and individual ticket prices are available at Opera Theater. All-age performances. Twentieth Century Club, 4201 Bigelow Blvd., Oakland.