1) If you’re looking for fun, wet kids activities, kids face and body painting, musical entertainment and dance, a Frisbee catching dog show, a bike stunt show, skating, sandsational sculptures, P-1 Superstock Powerboat Racing and a Lasertainment show, then the EQT Three Rivers Regatta is the place for you! Point State Park and North Shore. Free.
2) Beatlemania Magic, a Beatles tribute band performs free outside at the River’s Casino as part of their free “Live on the River” concert series, 7 p.m., North Shore.
3) Big Butler Fair continues today with their carnival midway, camel rides, petting zoo, Syria Shrine Clowns, animal judging contests and Sea Lion Splash. America’s only traveling sea lion show, you can view the sea lions relaxing and at play in a tropical setting, periodically interspersed with 30-minute shows with their trainer. The promoter ensures that these sea lions have more cubic feet of water per animal than do most sea lions in U.S. zoos. Last night featured the “School Bus Demolition Derby,” tonight it’s the “Auto Demolition Derby.”
4) River City Extension brings their crisp, high-energy, rambling roots, acoustic pop sound to Altar Bar, 7 p.m., Strip District.
5) Dine on the Allegheny River at Redfin Blues, a cozy island hideaway on Washington’s Landing. Their menu features sandwiches, pizza, seafood favorites, salads and quesadillas. You can also ride your bike to Redfin Blues, which is located on the North Side Trail.