Cool Picks for Tuesday, May 29, 2012
1) For all you “Rebel Rockers” out there make sure to catch Michael Franti and Spearhead tonight at 7:30 at the Carnegie Music Hall of Homestead.
2) New Orleans blues rockin’ piano player Marcia Ball is appearing at the historic Rex Theater on Carson Street on Pittsburgh’s historic South Side.
3) If it was a high intake Memorial Day weekend get back to nature’s goodness with all natural fruits, vegetables, meats, honey, etc. at the Citiparks Farmers Markets. The Farmer’s gather every Tuesday in their new South Side location at 18th and Carson Streets from 3:30-7:30 pm.
4) Gavin DeGraw and Colbie Caillat perform in an outdoor show at Stage AE on the North Shore.
5) Stars ‘n Stripes: An American Story, a retrospective look at American flags and the people who made them continues at The Senator John Heinz History Center in the Strip District.