1) Perhaps the most successful “American Idol” contestant who didn’t end up winning the competition, rocker Chris Daughtry, is coming our way. Well, close enough. After collaborating with the likes of Slash, Sevendust, and Santana, he has taken to the road, stopping in nearby Youngstown, Ohio at the Covelli Centre with a performance for 6,000 of his closest friends. Reminiscent of ’90s grunge and rock, the band’s sound comes from influences by Creed, Live, and Stone Temple Pilots, among others. Special guest, 3 Doors Down. 7 p.m. 229 E. Front St., Youngstown.
2) Tease up your hair, dig out the Aqua Net (you know you still have it), and get ready to rock with Whitesnake at The Palace Theatre. Best known for songs like “Here I Go Again” and “Is This Love,” both 1987 releases, come out for old favorites and be treated to some new material. Opening act, Red Line Chemistry. 8 p.m.21 W. Otterman St., Greensburg.
3) If you couldn’t make it to the annual 3-day Coachella Music Festival in California back in April, LA-based indie folk-rock band Lord Huron is bringing the Coachella spirit to The Club at Stage AE. They will be performing songs from their debut album, Lonesome Dreams. With special guest Escondido. 7 p.m. 400 N. Shore Dr., North Shore.
4) Sometimes the opening act is the most fun. Today is no exception at the Southpointe Golf Club for the Mylan Classic kickoff. Before the tournament starts up Thursday, get a closer look at the professionals, maybe even a few autographs. Today’s events include Professional Practice Rounds (7:30 a.m.), GNC Celebrity Pro-Am (1 p.m.), and Washington Health System Women’s Day (5 p.m.). 360 Southpointe Blvd., Canonsburg.
5) The Pirates take on National League Central rivals, the St. Louis Cardinals, at PNC Park. 7:05 p.m.115 Federal St., North Shore.
6) Animal Nature, one of the coolest pet shops around, is hosting its weekly summer Food Truck Monday Happy Hour. Bring along your favorite pooch; the store provides beer and a food truck. Franktuary is this week’s highlighted vendor. The dog-friendly space has plenty of seating in the back, so your furry friend won’t need to stay in the car. 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. 7610 Forbes Ave., Regent Square.