Cool Picks for Saturday June 2, 2012
1) Penn Brewery hosts the Pennsylvania Microbrewers Fest with brews from great names like: Penn Brewery, Church Brew Works, East End Brewery, Arsenal Cider, Magic Hat, Rooney’s Ale and many more.
2) Joe Walsh, legendary guitar slinger, brings his Analog Tour to Stage AE tonight. Formerly of the James Gang , he is still a member of the classic rock group, The Eagles. Walsh is also a great rocker in his own right, although he sings, “I’m just an ordinary average guy.”
3) The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust presents the Jazz Live International Festival with ticketed events and also three stages of free live music on Penn Avenue and 9th Street, Downtown. Saturday’s highlights include the Poogie Bell Band at 3 pm and the Average White Band at 6 pm.
4) Multiple award winning, Lady Antebellum band performs their beautiful blend of country music harmonies at First Niagara Pavilion. Opening acts are Darius Rucker (formerly of Hootie and the Blowfish) and Thompson Square.
5) The Waterfront Town Center in Homestead features the Mark and John duo at an outdoor show from 6-8pm.