1) The Steelers continue their training camp tradition of holding a night practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium. It’s a love fest between the Steelers and their fans in this intimate stadium setting. A great chance to see your favorite Steeler up close and personal; so close that you can see individual strands of Troy Polamalu’s hair. 7 p.m. Latrobe Memorial Stadium, Latrobe.
2) Karla Boos’ Quantum Theatre launches their newest production, The Golden Dragon, in a picturesque setting at Lake Carnegie in Highland Park. The tragicomic tale of globalization wields a dreamlike kaleidoscope that makes and remakes connections that span the globe. 8 p.m. Champagne reception afterward for opening night. Adult content.
3) Associated Artists of Pittsburgh presents Archived: A Salon Exhibit of Past Works, a juried exhibition of members’ works. Opening reception, 5:30-8:30 p.m. at Fein Art Gallery, 519 East Ohio Street, North Side. Free.
4) The English Channel, a British invasion tribute band, plays musical homage to the legendary Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and Queen; and lesser know greats like The Troggs, The Hollies, Gerry & the Pacemakers. The 60’s retro band will be in concert tonight as part of Greensburg’s Summer Sounds series. Pre-show music by Christopher Jones. 7 p.m. Saint Clair Park, downtown Greensburg. Free.
5) East Liberty LIVE! is happening at the Kelly Strayhorn Theater in East Liberty. The ongoing series of entertainment events features affordable fun for diverse audiences. Reenah Golden-No Child is an award winning, one woman play set in a tough Bronx High School. 11 a.m. & 7 p.m. Pay what you can. 5941 Penn Avenue, East Liberty.