1) Dave Matthews Band rolls into First Niagara Pavilion, still riding a wave of popularity and hits that started in the ’90’s. DMB is touring in advance of their new studio album, Away From the World, which will be released on September 11th. Start time 7 p.m. DMB will also play First Niagara again tomorrow.
2) The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust is sponsoring a Gallery Crawl of the the art galleries on Penn and Liberty Avenues. Stop by say “hi” to the owners and artists, have a nibble and a drink. Between 5:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. Also occurring tonight is the Cultural Trusts Annual Cosmo Party. with music, dancing, food and drinks. The party’s in the former Bally’s Health Club Building. 119 Sixth Street.
3) Natestock: A Benefit for the Nathaniel Morris Fund featuring The Damaged Pies with special guests TheCause and Heidi Jacobs is an early benefit show at Club Cafe. Nathaniel Morris is a Shaler high student who is affected by Hirschsprungs disease. Damaged Pies is a well known and well traveled Pittsburgh based rock ‘n roll band. TheCause is made up of five area musicians who play a variety of jam rock and classic rock. Early show starts at 6:30 p.m. Stick around after the early show and catch Pittsburgh funk rockers, the Boogie Hustlers, in a 10:30 p.m. show. 56-58 South 12th Street, South Side.
4) Sons of Bill bring their Blue Ridge rock to the Summer Sounds concert series in Greensburg’s St. Clair Park. 7-9:30 p.m. Free.
5) If you enjoy the music of Rush and Tool, sorry they’re not in town tonight, but their tribute bands, Lotus Land Band, and Opiate, respectively, are playing the Altar Bar in the Strip. 8:30 p.m. show. 1620 Penn Ave. All Ages.