Summer time is a great time of year: summer breezes, peaches, blueberries, corn, grilling, taking a dip at at your favorite swimming spot and great music. We’re entering into a grand summer harvest season of music.
1) Rhythm rockers Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears are performing an indoor concert at Stage AE. Doors open 7 p.m.
2) The Pittsburgh Blues Festival opens it’s weekend run today at Hartwood Acres with: Young Blood Blues Band (4:30 p.m.); Eugene & the Nightcrawlers (5 p.m.); The Nied’s Hotel Band (6 p.m.); Anthony Gomes (7 p.m.); Terrance Simien & the Zydeco Experience (8:45 p.m.). Fridays admission is free with the donation of a bag of non-perishable items to the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank (recipient charity of the proceeds from the Pittsburgh Blues Fest). Gates open 4 p.m.
3)) The Billy Price Band beings the blues to the masses in Market Square for Iron City Sound Downtown Live! Opening band is Dream Job. 5-8 p.m. Free.
4) Summer Sounds can be heard in Greensburg as their summer music series continues with Delta Rae and their brand of roots pop. Preshow music by Steve Gallo. 7 p.m. St. Clair Park, Greensburg.
5) V UltraLounge opens tonight. The club features several different Pittsburgh DJ’s playing their mix of pulsating dance jams, with bottle service and VIP tables. 10 p.m. to 2 a.m., 108 19th Street, Strip District.
6) The Dunwells with special guests The Current and Court Four rock the Hard Rock Cafe at Station Square. 10 p.m.