1) Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra is playing Pittsburgh hard this weekend with concerts for the masses. Tonight they perform at South Park Amphitheater (8 p.m.) and Sunday at Hartwood Acres Amphitheater (8:15 p.m.). Thank you Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra and Allegheny County Parks for these free cultural events.
2) Unblurred: First Fridays on Penn , a really cool gallery crawl for the especially hip, is flowing at the art galleries and venues on Penn Avenue in the Bloomfield/Garfield neighborhoods. Art, music, interesting people snacks and beverages from 6 p.m.-2 a.m., what more could one want? Free.
3) First Fridays at the Frick (sponsored by First Niagara Bank) features Pittsburgh’s own, River City Brass Band tonight in concert. Show starts at 7 p.m on the Great Lawn of the Frick Mansion, Point Breeze. Free.
4) The Pittsburgh Doo Wop Big Band takes the stage tonight at the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival. Twin Lakes Park, near Greensburg, PA. 6 p.m. Other musical events at the festival today are: blues musician Ernie Hawkins, 1:30 and 4 p.m.; Pittsburgh’s reggae ambassadors the Flow band, 3:30 p.m.; and Saul Brody, featuring regional American folk music., 6:30 p.m.
5) Another great free summer event is also occurring in the Greensburg area. Hear the blue-eyed, blues/rock of the Mary Ann Redmond Band as part of the Summer Sounds Concert Series in St. Clair Park, 7 p.m.