1) The Pittsburgh Pirates take on the St. Louis Cardinals in their quest to remain a viable contender for a playoff spot. 7:05 p.m., PNC Park.
2) Billed as Munchkin Matinees at the Carnegie Science Center, Casey Hanner of the local band Donora gives an acoustic guitar performance for early learners (ages 6 and below). The informal concert is part of the ongoing exhibit, “Guitar: The Instrument That Rocked The World” and is free with Science Center Admission. North Shore.
3) We’re back on the fair beat with the 150th Annual Indiana County Fair. Wow, the 150th fair…I wonder what the demolition derby was like when the fair started back in 1862? Today’s featured attractions are harness racing (noon) and a performance by country music star Justin Moore (8 p.m.). Follow Wayne Avenue in Indiana to the county fairgrounds.
4) Otep, a rock band from L.A. that likes to dabble in the mystical side of music, plays Altar Bar. 6:30 p.m. 1620 Penn Avenue, Strip District.
5) Ruby Sparks (R) is currently screening at the Oak’s Theater. The movie is about a talented young writer who is struggling with work and romance until he creates an inspiring fictional female character named Ruby. Much to his amazement, she later enters his life as a real human being. 2:30, 5 and 7:30 p.m. 310 Allegheny River Blvd., Oakmont.