Cool Picks brings you the best in Pittsburgh entertainment every day!
1) The Savoy Restaurant in the Strip presents it’s weekly “Savoy Jazz Mondays.” This week’s featured artist is Mark Strickland, jazz guitarist, and of course, hosting are the Roger Humphries Trio. 5-9 p.m. No cover. 2623 Penn Ave.
2) There’s a “Darkness” on the edge of town tonight. No not the Bruce Springsteen kind.The Darkness, a British glam rock band are in concert tonight at Stage AE. Doors open 7 p.m. North Shore.
3) The Balcony Big Band get’s Jergel’s joint jumpin’ on a Monday night. 8 p.m. No cover. 103 Slade Lane. Warrendale.
4) Here’s a compelling pick if you’re a space aficionado like myself, Hubble, an IMAX film chronicling the launch, repair and mission of the Hubble space telescope. The film also show’s spacewalking astronauts and “mind blowing” pictures of distant galaxies and constellations. 11:15 a.m. & 3:15 p.m. Rangos Omnimax theater. Carnegie Science Center, North Shore.
5) It’s Pittsburgh Restaurant Week! How does this relate to you? Over fifty Pittsburgh restaurants are offering extra special deals through January 20th. some of the participating restaurants include: Abay, The Elbow Room, Willow, Hartwood Restaurant, and many more. Visit Pittsburghrestaurantweek.com for more information on all the great restaurant deals. Let’s get out there and support all our great local restaurants!