1) Uncle Kracker is performing at the Coors Light 2012 Kickoff & Rib Festival at Heinz Field. Follow Me, and Smile are two of his notable hits. 4 p.m. Free.
2) Pittsburgh’s Labor Day Parade starts at 10 a.m today at Centre Avenue, Uptown, winding it’s way on the Boulevard of the Allies before ending at the Steelworkers Building on Stanwix Street. There will be over 80,000 marchers, including labor union members, marching bands and, naturally, politicians.
3) Pirates vs. Houston Astros. 1:35 p.m. PNC Park.
4) Kennywood Amusement Park is open today for riders and picnickers from 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. West Mifflin.
5) It’s the last day to get a summer swim at Allegheny County’s Pools. Wave pools (Boyce Park, Settlers Cabin, South Park) and the classically elegant North Park swimming pool are open from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.