Cool Picks brings you the best in Pittsburgh entertainment every day!
1) Callan, a Pittsburgh-based quintet whose name means “ruckus” in Gaelic, creates a unique sound that breathes new life into traditional Celtic music. They have also created their own contemporary compositions, including a debut album, “The Road to Fort Duquesne.” Come and join the ruckus, 7 p.m. Club Cafe, with special guest Bob Banerjee. 56-58 S. 12th St., South Side.
2) The late show tonight at Club Cafe is the The Boogie Hustlers. A fun, energetic amalgamation of soul, funk, pop, rock and jazz would be an apt way to describe “The Boogie Hustlers” sound. Special guest, The Rents. 10:30 p.m. 56-58 S. 12th St., South Side.
3) Pittsburgh’s guitar hero, Joe Grushecky, with his wing men, The Houserockers, play a Christmas Show at the Altar Bar tonight. Stop in for a night of great rock ‘n roll. The Igniters and Junction PA will open. 8:30 p.m. 1620 Penn Ave., Strip District.
4) CONSOL Energy Center hosts multi-Grammy Award winner TobyMac. He’s a talented Christian recording artist, music producer, rapper and author. His songs include “Me Without You,” “Christmas This Year,” and “Made to Love.” Joining TobyMac are: Mandisa, Brandon Heath, Britt Nicole, Jamie Grace, and Chris August. 7 p.m. Uptown.
5) Blues for Tots and Toys Christmas Party toy drive and concert is happening at Moondog’s. On the “blues” bill, the Mahajibee Blues Band, and direct from Chicago, The Kilborn Alley Blues Band. Toy donations encouraged. 8 p.m. 378 Freeport Rd., Blawnox.