1) South Side Johnny is not some guy who loves hanging out on Pittsburgh’s South Side (although he may). He’s the main man in the group South Side Johnny & the Asbury Jukes. They’re part of the same Asbury, New Jersey scene that produced Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. Springsteen has even written and collaborated with South Side Johnny. A rich horn section gives the band an extra layer on top of their fine rock ‘n roll. They’ve recorded hit songs like: Trapped Again, Talk To Me, Hearts of Stone, Without Love. Palace Theatre , Greensburg. 8 p.m.
2) They’ll be dancing in the streets (Walnut Street) to the funky dance grooves of the band Dancing Queen as part of the Jam on Walnut benefiting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. There’s also a great special guest, Kelsey Friday (formerly of Brownie Mary). So get your dancing shoes on and grab a cold one. They’ll be selling beers on the street as part of the event. You can also grab a cold one at the surrounding bars: Shady Grove, Up, Cappy’s, The Elbow Room, William Penn Tavern, Le Mardi Gras, Mario’s East Side Saloon, Pittsburgh Deli Company and Field House. 7 p.m. Shadyside. Free.
3) The Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival rolls into First Niagara Pavilion. Headlining bands include: Slipknot, Slayer, Motorhead, Anthrax. Many other groups are also on the bill. The Mayhem Fest will be heaven for “metal heads.” Doors open 1 p.m.
4) Rocker, Bill Tom’s and Hard Rain are appearing at Frankie & Georgie’s 4 Wood Grille in Squirrel Hill tonight. 9 p.m. 5832 Forward Avenue.
5) Ferris Bueller’s Revenge is playing the greatest hits of the 80’s at Jergel’s Rhythm Grille. 285 Northgate Dr., Warrendale. 9 p.m.