1) Girl Talk is not just good conversation, it is the name of a rapping, mash-up unit originally from Pittsburgh. At Stage AE you can hear Girl Talk in an outdoor show with two opening acts. Gates open at 7:00pm.
2) Grammy-award winning artist, Melissa Etheridge, is the Pride in the Street headliner for Pittsburgh Pride Fest. She will perform on a closed section of Liberty avenue, Downtown, the scene of a large block party celebrating gay pride. Show starts at 8:45 pm.
3) The Smiling Moose on the South Side hosts Grain’s release party for their latest recording, Late Show! Echo in the Air. Their sound plays along the hard edge of classic and underground rock. Grain features Carla Simmons and Wayne Smith who have shared the stage with Cheap Trick, Jill Sobule and Pat Benatar. They play an an all-ages show at 6:00 pm and their main show at 9:00 pm.
4) At 8 pm dance band Mercedez plays the street party at South Side Works.
5) Pittsburgh Blues legend Billy Price chills Frankie & Georgie’s 4wood Grill with his superior coolness. Cooling starts at 9 pm.