Cool Picks brings you the best in Pittsburgh entertainment every day!
1) “Little Italy Days” continues today with Italian food, entertainment and bocce ball. Remember: Eating + Italian Food equals “Eataly.” Today’s entertainment headliner, Magic Moments, is one of Pittsburgh’s top oldies bands, with Randy Galioto as Elvis (6-10 p.m.). “Little Italy Days,” Liberty Ave., Bloomfield. 11 a.m.-10p.m. Free entertainment.
2) There’s a little German celebration continuing this weekend-Oktoberfest. Hofbrauhaus Pittsburgh has special Oktoberfest Bier brewed at their Munich, Germany operation. and shipped directly to Pittsburgh. There’s also German food, dance, entertainment and contests. 11 a.m. – 2 a.m. 2705 South Water St. Southside Works. Oktoberfest continues at Penn Brewery (5 p.m – midnight, 800 Vinial St., Troy Hill) and Church Brew Works (3525 Liberty ave,. Lawrenceville).
3) Saddle Ridge “Rock-N-Country Saloon” has “Saddle Up Saturdays (7 p.m.-2 a.m.)” with free country dance lessons at 7:30 p.m. Drink specials and no cover before 9 p.m. So mosey on down, partner. 7 Carson St., Station Square.
4) DaPhunk Band will get your feet moving to their funk dance grooves. Tonight, funk meets hard rock at the Hard Rock Cafe, 10 p.m. Station Square, South Shore.
5) Frick Art & Historical Center is offering free admission from 10 a.m – 5 p.m. as part of RADical Days 2012. Explore the Clayton mansion, historical autos and fine arts gallery. 7227 Reynolds Street, Point Breeze.
6) Discover the roots of Pittsburgh, as international powers grappled for domination in the new world. Meet Revolutionary War reenactors and a slice of life during the early days of our city. Many interesting exhibits and displays; all of this can be experienced at the Fort Pitt Museum for free today as part of RADical Days 2012. 10 a.m. -5 p.m. Point State Park, Downtown.
7) Young Men and Women’s African Heritage Association: Nia Quilt Guild. See the Nia Quilt (2012), local artists’ prints and lithographs, plus the music of the Nia Steel Pan Drum Ensemble. Free admission today as part of RAD Days 2012 . 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. 1205 Boyle St., North Side.
8) Allegheny County Parks: Hartwood Acres hosts Hay Day. The event features fun fall activities including hay rides, pony rides, petting zoo, music, arts & crafts, the “I made it!” Market, food vendors and “Books are Fun” Book Fair. Free as part of RAD Days 2012. 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., North Hills.