Cool Picks brings you the best in Pittsburgh entertainment every day!
1) Smooth-voiced singer Michael McDonald, who has had many hit records both as an individual artist and as a former member of the Doobie Brothers (What a Fool Believes, Minute By Minute), is in concert at the Meadows Racetrack and Casino. 8 p.m. Washington, PA.
2) Continuing today is A Fair In The Park, a contemporary fine craft and arts show and sale. Today’s entertainment includes: Lovebettie, a Pittsburgh “swagger rock” band (6 p.m.); strolling performances by Ray Ryans New Orleans River City Band; and Squonk Opera’s musical spectacle “Go Roadshow” (noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m.). Fair hours: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Mellon Park, Shadyside. Free.
3) Entertainment highlights at the 22nd annual Pittsburgh Irish Festival include Pittsburgh-based Corned Beef & Curry (6:15 p.m.); Makem and Spain Brothers (7 p.m.); and the Titanic steerage band Gaelic Storm (9:30 p.m.). Irish food, drink, dancing, arts. 11 a.m. – 12 midnight. Riverplex at Sandcastle, West Homestead.
4) The Pirates take on the Chicago Cubs tonight at PNC Park. 7:05 p.m., North Shore.
5) New York-based rapper and songwriter Hoodie Allen plays the Altar Bar, opening acts are G-Eazy, Pittsburgh Slim, Lucius. 8:15 p.m. 1620 Penn Avenue, Strip District.