1) Shadyside…The Art Festival on Walnut Street continues through today. Check out some cool art and eat at some of the great restaurants and bistros in Shadyside including: Crepes Parisiennes, Pizzutti’s, Pamela’s, Up Modern Kitchen, China Palace, Steel Cactus, Thai Place, Chica Loca Taco, Girasole. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Shadyside. Free.
2) The Duran Duran show was postponed today due to keyboardist Nick Rhodes being ill with a viral infection. New date should be announced soon.The UK’s Duran Duran brings their collection of ’80s top hits to Stage AE including: Wild Boys, New Moon on Monday, Hungry Like a Wolf, Rio, A View To a Kill and many more. Duran Duran combines a dance/rock sound with strong vocals by lead singer Simon Le Bon for a great sound. The outdoor show opens with MNDR. Gates open 6:30 p.m. North Shore.
3) Hartwood Acres Amphitheater hosts the Allegheny County Music Festival featuring internationally known Pittsburgh jam band Rusted Root (7:30 p.m.) and openers Liz Berlin’s – Youth, WE ROCK Workshop; Jaira; Lightning Box; The Red Western. Opening bands start at 5 p.m. $20-per-car suggested donation. Proceeds benefit Allegheny County children and youth services.
4) Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival has started this year’s run with jousting, musical acts, live theater, a children’s realm, a pirates pub and a crafts marketplace. 10:30 a.m – 6:30 p.m. West Newton.
5) Dave Throckmorton with bassist Tony Grey play the Citiparks Reservoir of Jazz , Highland Park, 5-7 p.m. Free.