1) Rich Engler, legendary Pittsburgh rock promoter and extra cool guy, brings part of his fascinating personal guitar collection to the Carnegie Science Center as part of the new Guitar exhibit. Engler has guitars signed by the top rock stars of the last thirty years. He will display his guitars, answer questions and discuss the concerts he has promoted with rock fans. Engler’s appearance runs from 2-3 pm.
2) Jimmy Beaumont and the Skyliners play their top hits from the ’50s & ’60s in a free concert at Hartwood Acres Ampitheater. An especially beautiful song of theres is “Since I Don’t Have You.” Show starts at 7:30 pm.
3) Also at Hartwood Acres from 2 to 7 pm is a Father’s Day Car Cruise presented by Allegheny County. It will be fun to see the Dads (and others) driving around in their hot rod Lincolns, Cobras, Corvettes and ‘stangs.
4) Bach Beethoven and Brunch Classical Music Series, presented by the City of Pittsburgh, offers a free concert Sunday by the Edgewood Symphony Orchestra. This event runs every Sunday through August 12th in Mellon Park from 10:30 am to noon. Pack your own brunch basket or purchase breakfast items at the park.
5) The 2012 Community Garden Party is going on today at the Mattress Factory on the North Side. This free event features art, music, games and food. Party runs from noon to 5 pm.