1) Some things just go together beautifully – like a good hot dog with Heinz ketchup. A lovely combination is happening in Pittsburgh today, the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra is performing at the Three Rivers Arts Festival. The free concert starts in Point State Park at 6:30 pm.
2) Another great combination today, Joan Osborne + Hartwood Acres = Big Fun. The free show starts at 7:30 pm.
3) Stage AE presents, British rockers, The Cult in an indoor show tonight with Against Me! and the Icarus Line. Doors open at 6.
4) Whether or not your kids have been blessed with any great art talent take them to the Giant Eagle Creativity Zone at the Three Rivers Arts Festival for some great exposure to the arts. Many of the exhibits include hands-on art making activities. The Creativity zone opens at noon. Remember – if the kids have have a real active day they go to bed early and sleep soundly.
5) The National Park Service is hosting encampments at Fort Necessity National Battleground and Jumonville Glen today. Costumed re-enactors portray British and French soldiers and Indian warriors in 1754 military life at the outbreak of the French and Indian War.