Cool Picks brings you the best in Pittsburgh entertainment every day!
1) Autumnfest continues today at Seven Springs with a fine arts & crafts bazaar, food, activities for adults and children, canopy zip line, climbing wall, alpine slide and entertainment including: U.S. Kids, Mercedez, Daugherty & Beck, Gashouse Annie. 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Seven Springs.
2) Fort Ligonier Days commemorate the Battle of Fort Ligonier, fought October 12,1758. At the Fort, reenactors recreate frontier and military life, including: Redcoats, Highlanders, Native Americans, French troops, frontier men and women; with a reenactment of “The Battle of Fort Ligonier (2 & 4 p.m.)” and artillery demonstrations (1:30 & 3:30 p.m.). The Stickers (country) play at 12:30 p.m. and Neon Swing X-perience (modern swing) at 3:00 p.m. on the bandstand. Food and craft booths, sidewalk sales, church fundraising meals, ongoing period and contemporary entertainment start at 10 a.m. until the Carillon Concert at 5:30 p.m. closes this year’s Fort Ligonier Days. NOTE: The battle of Fort Ligonier pitted the French and their Indian allies from Fort Duquesne against the British of Fort Ligonier, a turning point for the British that gave birth to the city of Pittsburgh. 200 S. Market St., Ligonier.
3) Calexico, a popular band that fuses country and Latin music genres for an intriguing sound, plays Mr. Smalls Funhouse. Opening are The Dodos. 8 p.m., 400 Lincoln Ave., Millvale.
4) FINAL PERFORMANCE of Verdi’s Rigoletto, the classic operatic tale of the court jester who takes things a little too far, at Pittsburgh Opera. Matinee 2 p.m., Benedum Center, Downtown Cultural District.
5) Renowned Irish family musical group, Clannad, takes the stage at Carnegie Library Music Hall. 7:30 p.m., 510 E. 10th Ave., Munhall.
6) Maria Muldaur, folk/blues singer who had a big hit in the 1970’s called Midnight at the Oasis, gives a performance at Moondog’s tonight. 7:30 p.m. 378 Freeport Rd., Blawnox.