1. Rock legends Bon Jovi are taking over the Consol Energy Center tonight. Grab some beers and rock out to classics like “You Give Love a Bad Name,” “Livin’ on a Prayer” and “It’s My Life.” 7:30 p.m. 1001 Fifth Ave., Uptown.
2. Aspiring photographers head to Carnegie Museum of Art Forum Gallery and its launch party for a collaborative exhibition and project–Oh Snap! Your Take On Our Photographs. Be inspired by the 13 newest additions to the museum’s growing photography collection. All are encouraged to submit their own photographs, inspired by any of the exhibited 13. Each day during the project, selected submissions will be exhibited alongside their respective collection photographs. Launch party sounds by DJ Gordy. Free snacks, cash bar, light graffiti and a photo booth. 7:30-10:30 p.m. . 4400 Forbes Ave., Oakland.
3. Parmalee is an up and coming country music family band consisting of brothers Matt and Scott Thomas, their cousin Barry Knox, and childhood friend Josh McSwain. The whole gang is playing tonight at Altar Bar with Bush Hawg, Zach Lockwood and Saddle Up, Saddle Up. 7:30 p.m. 1620 Penn Ave., Strip District.
4. Poetry, cocktails and tapas: together at last. Head to Tamari Restaurant and Lounge for a taste of their culinary delights, accompanied by a reading from local poet and fiction writer Judith Robinson and artwork by Kara Ruth Snyder. The event is presented by The Holocaust Center, J’Burgh, and Shalom Pittsburgh as part of their Meet the Artist Series (Part Three). 6:45 p.m. 3519 Butler St., Lawrenceville.
5. If you’re in the mood for some serious laughs, sit down for a night of stand-up with comedian Dean Edwards at the Pittsburgh Improv. Edwards is best known for the two seasons he spent impersonating Don Cheadle, Michael Jackson, and Denzel Washington as a cast member on “Saturday Night Live.” 8 p.m. The Stacks at the Waterfront, 166 E. Bridge St., Homestead.