1) The hidden musical gem of the Three Rivers Arts Festival might be L.P. a crystalline-voiced, singer-songwriter from L.A. Her sound features a power pop/rock band with great guitars, drums and vocals. One of her songs is interestingly titled, “Suburban Sprawl & Alcohol.” L.P. has written and co-written songs for Pittsburgh native Christina Aguilera, Rihanna and the Backstreet Boys. Show starts at 8:10 pm. All outdoor festival shows are free.
2) Local favorite , Jimbo & The Soupbones, play their popular brand of funk, rock and soul at the Festival’s Katz Plaza stage starting at 5 pm.
3) MS. N. Link.: The Drag Queen Photographs of Donald Rager, is an exhibit at the Arts Festival that takes an introspective look at Pittsburgh drag queens and their personas. The photos are on view daily from 11 am to 6 pm at the Shaw Gallery, 805 Liberty Avenue, Downtown.
4) New Orlean’s bred, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band is touring in support of their latest release, Twenty Dozen. Catch their show at Altar Bar in the Strip tonight starting at 7:30 pm.
5) Pitmen Painters, currently running at the Pittsburgh Irish and Classical Theatre, depicts a group of British coal miners who take up painting and turn into respected artists. You can see it tonight starting with a pre-show discussion at 7 pm and the show starting at 8 pm.