1) Alton Merrell brings his gospel/jazz/funk sound to the Agnes Katz plaza stage today as part of the BNY Mellon Trust Arts JazzLive Tuesdays. Merrel’s musical mission statement reads “to create music that will minister love, healing, joy, deliverance and peace to people around the world.” That’s one of the best mission statements I’ve heard in awhile! 5-7 p.m. Corner of Penn Avenue & 7th Street. Free.
2) Join the “Carnival of Madness” going on at Stage AE. On the alternative rock tour is Evanescence, Chevelle, Halestorm, Cavo, and New Medicine. Gates open 4:30 p.m. North Shore.
3) Jazz drummer David Throckmorton and his trio play the Thunderbird Cafe tonight as part of the new “Space Exchange: not just jazz” series. 9 p.m. No Cover. 4023 Butler Street, Lawrenceville.
4) The Pirates take on the St. Louis Cardinals at PNC Park. 7:05 p.m., North Shore.
5) The Adventures of Tintin (PG13) is the flick showing as part of Citiparks Dollar Bank Cinema in the Park series, at West End/Elliott Overlook. Dusk. Free.