1) The Pittsburgh Cutltural Trust ‘s BNY Mellon Jazzlive concert series continues with Jevon Rushton and his band. Rushton is a former CAPA performing arts high school student who prospered under the tutelage of legendary Pittsburgh drummer/percussionist, Roger Humphries. Jevon Rushton’s band features himself on drums and percussion, leading a talented group of fine jazz players. Enjoy their cool, funky mix of jazz. 5-7 p.m. Agnes Katz Plaza. Corner of Penn & 7th Street. Downtown.
2) Three Sisters, a play by Anton Chekhov, is the current production of the Pittsburgh Irish & Classical Theatre. The play is set in mythical town in Russia in the late 1800’s and chronicles the lives of three sisters: Masha, Olga, Irina; and their brother Andrei. Chekhov was a Russian physician and playwright who is considered to be one of the literary greats of writing short stories. 7 p.m. Henry Heymann Theatre in Pitt’s Stephen Foster Memorial.
3) Pittsburgh Pirates continue their series with the Chicago Cubs at PNC Park in a 7:05 p.m. game.
4) The Muppets are playing at West End/Elliott Overlook Park tonight, that is, the movie The Muppets (PG). Dollar Bank CITIPARKS Cinema in the Park series. Dusk.
5) Catch The Dark Knight Rises at the Carnegie Science Center in full IMAX brilliance at the Rangos OMNIMAX Theater. Show times are: 12:15, 4:15, 7:15 & 10:15 p.m.. Check availability before going.