1) Walnut Grill in Shadyside has a new name, new menu, new decor in their same location at the corner of Walnut and Bellefonte (second floor) streets. It is now called Up Modern Kitchen and features tantalizing dishes including: appetizers like Skillet Cornbread and Korean Meatballs. Small plates like Grilled Eggplant, Jambalaya, Alaskan Halibut and Duroc Pork Tenderloin are among the items featured on the main dish side of the menu. You can even order a Black Angus Short Rib Meatloaf Sandwich from the sandwich list. Great neighborhood restaurant with great owners.
2) Dwayne Dolphin, the bass master (the jazz bass not the fish) performs a free outdoor show courtesy of the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust at Agnes Katz Plaza on Penn & 7th streets downtown. Music starts at 5 pm.
3) Club Cafe on the South Side hosts Scott H. Biram who will play his angst-filled music tonight at 8 pm. Special guest Lydia Loveless will also perform.
4) If you’re missing your daily art craving from the Three Rivers Arts Festival take a look at some really fine art at the Carnegie Museum of Art’s Heinz Galleries. Currently showing is, Impressionism in a New Light: From Monet to Stieglitz..
5) The Mattress Factory on the North Side exhibits, Gestures: Intimate Friction, which artistically explores how we react with elements in our physical environment.