1. The Hollywood Theater is hosting a benefit screening of the cult classic Psycho Beach Party, a horror/comedy based on the off-Broadway play of the same name. The film is notorious for its tongue-in-cheek parodies of 1950s psychodramas, 1960s beach movies and 1980s slasher films. Before the screening, there will be a ginchy beachwear competition, limbo and hula hoop contests, a 50/50 raffle and a silent auction. All proceeds benefit Shepherd Wellness Community, which provides supportive services to individuals affected by HIV/AIDS. Doors open: 7 p.m., Film: 8 p.m. 1449 Potomac Ave., Dormont.
2. Rapper Mod Sun turned heads in 2011 when Rolling Stone included him in their compilation of top 16 unsigned artists in the world. He declares his name is a self-affirming acronym: Movement On Dreams/Stand Under None. His motto: “no fans, just friends.” His sound: “Hippy Hop.” Mod Sun lives up to his friendly, happy-all-the-time persona with ridiculously positive lyrics and song titles like “Happy as Fu*k.” Catch him with Cisco Adler at Shadow Lounge. 6:30 p.m. 5972 Baum Blvd., Shadyside.
3. If you’re still craving something steamy post-Valentine’s Day, check out Jessica Holter and the Punany Poets’ The Punany Experience at Off The Wall Theater. It’s an adults-only evening of scintillating storytelling, erotic verse, comedy, theatrics and exotic dance. Jessica Holter is an author, activist and orator best known for her 1990’s television debut on HBO’s “Real Sex.” 8 p.m. 25 W. Main St., Carnegie.
4. Rockers Antique Scream are playing at Howlers Coyote Cafe. Antique Scream is an independent band from Phoenix, Arizona who describe their experimental sound as “Psychedelic Truck Stop Rock.” With Outside Inside and Rugburn. 8 p.m. 4509 Liberty Ave., Bloomfield.
5. Country artist Wayne “The Train” Hancock combines honky-tonk, western swing, blues, rockabilly and big band aesthetics to create a unique sound known to incite spontaneous, boot-stamping hoedowns. He’s playing tonight at Thunderbird Cafe with Todd May. 8 p.m. 4023 Butler St., Lawrenceville.