1) “Mandy,” “Looks Like We Made It” to the “Copacabana,” even Barry Manilow’s song titles can tell a tale. Manilow, the #1 Adult Contemporary Recording Artist of all-time, brings his critically acclaimed MANILOW ON BROADWAY to the Consol Energy Center stage tonight. 7:30 p.m. 1001 Fifth Ave., Uptown.
2) The 56th Annual Pittsburgh Folk Festival begins its two day run today. An interesting international festival that showcases the rich diversity of Pittsburgh ethnic cultures through their respective food, music, dance, crafts and exhibits. Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall and Museum. 4 – 10 p.m. 4141 Fifth Ave. Oakland.
3) Maia Sharp and Bill Deasy headline a concert at Club Cafe. Sharp has a smooth, rich voice that shines on songs like “Death By Perfection” and “Me After You.” Deasy is a successful Pittsburgh and national singer/songwriter whose band The Gathering Field had a nice hit with “Lost in America” in the mid 1990’s. He also created and sang a national promo for ABC’s morning show, Good Morning America in the early 200o’s. 7 p.m. 56-58 S. 12th St., South Side.
4) Pittsburgh Craft Beer Week 2013 kicks off today. The week-long celebration of Pittsburgh’s craft brew culture features education, collaboration, cooperation and responsible intake of some fine craft beers. The many events take place at various times and locations throughout the greater Pittsburgh area.
5) The Pirates take on the Atlanta Braves in a Free Shirt Friday game, with all fans receiving a Pirates T-shirt. 7:05 p.m. PNC Park. North Shore.