1) Seven Springs Mountain Resort is hosting its Rib & Wing Festival in the Laurel Mountains all weekend long with the established formula of tasty ribs and wings and great music. Today’s headliner is Joe Grushecky and The Houserockers (7:15 p.m.). Also performing is Jill West and the Blues Attack (4 p.m.), and country band NOMaD (5:30 p.m.). Sample the fare of some of the nations best barbecue rib and wing vendors while enjoying the best in regional entertainment. 777 Waterwheel Dr., Seven Springs, Somerset County.
2) Comedian Aries Spears is in his second night of Pittsburgh shows . Since his early start on “A Different World,” Spears has been making audiences laugh through TV, film, albums, and live shows. Best known as a cast member on MADtv, Spears has made appearances on TV and in movies, including Def Comedy Jam and Jerry Maguire. Tonight, he gives a hilarious performance at The Improv at the Waterfront. A talented impersonator, Spears is known for impressions of Bill Cosby, Mike Tyson, Jesse Jackson, Michael Jackson, and, perhaps his most famous, former NBA star Shaquille O’Neal. He has appeared with Cedric the Entertainer for the Def Comedy Jam Tour as well as scoring his own stand-up special on Showtime. 8 and 10 p.m. Through Sunday. 166 Bridge St., Homestead.
3) The Allegheny County Summer Concert Series continues tonight at South Park Amphitheater with the 90’s pop sound of Sixpense None The Richer. 7:30 p.m. Free. Near Brownsville and McCorkle roads.
4) Today marks the second day of the one and only Fayette County Fair. There is something for everyone here. Tonight’s features include music by The Clarks (lead singer Scott Blasey grew up in Connellsville, Fayette County) and Tres Lads (7 p.m.), and hypnotist comedian Mike Bishop (7 and 9 p.m.). The Fayette County Fair also has agricultural attractions, carnival rides, games, and your favorite fair foods. Runs through August 3. 10 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. 132 Pechin Rd., Dunbar.
5) Summer Sounds Concert Series continues with some great music as well. Gaelic folk rockers Guggenheim Grotto, of Dublin, perform in concert.. Pre-show music is by Ben Shannon, starting at 6:15 p.m. Free. St. Clair Park, 135 N. Maple Ave., Greensburg.
6) Good Fridays at the Warhol is a weekly party at the museum, featuring art exhibits, music, and cocktails in the high temple to Andy Warhol’s numerous talents. Half-price museum admission. 5 – 10 p.m. 117 Sandusky St., North Shore.