1) Comedian Kevin Nealon brings his stand-up act to the Pittsburgh Improv tonight. Best known for his nine year stint as a cast member on NBC’s “Saturday Night Live,” Nealon has received critical praise for his role on the Showtime TV series “Weeds.” He has also teamed up with former cast member from “SNL,” Adam Sandler,” to work on seven movies including Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer, Anger Management, and You Don’t Mess With the Zohan. 8 and 10 p.m. 7 and 9 p.m. Aug. 24. 166 E. Bridge St. The Waterfront, Homestead.
2) English new wave musician Adam Ant, who scored a big hit in 1982 with “Goody Two Shoes,” is in concert tonight. Opening act is Prima Donna. Doors open at 7 p.m. Stage AE, 400 North Shore Dr., North Shore.
3) The “End of World” is near or at least a hilarious take on it is. Featuring a fun combination of improv comedy, music, dress-up, and animation, The End of the World Show promises to be an interesting production. Show creator Brian Gray states “The End of the World Show allows audiences to reflect on just what aspects of humanity would be worth fighting for by putting them in the perspective of a creature who doesn’t see the value of mankind.” 10 p.m. Runs through Sept. 13. Arcade Comedy Theater, 811 Liberty Ave., Cultural District.
4) Wham Bam Thank You Jam is happening at Club Cafe tonight with storytelling, music, and comedy. The event hosted by Amy Capiross features Day Bracey, Parris Knight, Matt Light, Alex Stypula, Stacy Keene, Big Gypsy, and Yung Alz.. 10:15 p.m. 56-58 S. 12th St., South Side.
5) The Allegheny County Summer Concert Series continues tonight at South Park Amphitheater with the Duquesne University Tamburitzins, an internationally known multi-cultural song and dance company that features traditional folk entertainment of the Eastern European region and it’s neighbors. They claim the title of longest-running company of that type in the U.S. 7:30 p.m. Free. Near Brownsville and McCorkle roads.
6) Summer Sounds Concert Series continues with some great music by Lake Street Drive This east coast band loves to play jazz pop and jive. Pre-show music is by Mike Strasser, starting at 6:15 p.m. Free. St. Clair Park, 135 N. Maple Ave., Greensburg.
7) Good Fridays at the Warhol is a weekly party at the museum, featuring art exhibits, music, and cocktails in the high temple to Andy Warhol’s numerous talents. Half-price museum admission. 5 – 10 p.m. 117 Sandusky St., North Shore.