1) Singer-songwriter Toro y Moi (means “bull and me” in Spanish) plays Mr. Smalls Funhouse tonight. Moi is known as one of the vanguard musicians of the Chillwave movement in 2010. Chillwave is a musical genre that incorporates the heavy use of electronic effects elements like synthesizers, sampling, and looping of melodic vocals. Moi’s innovative sound stands out in today’s crowded music industry. Catch him tonight, and satisfy your craving for truly original compositions. Special guest is Toxie. 8 p.m. 400 Lincoln Ave., Millvale.
2) It’s Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Race Week in Pittsburgh with events going on all week. Tonight is the Invitational Car Show on Walnut Street. Here you’ll see a really cool collection of historic and hot cars and some hot historic cars. Walnut Street will be closed, so you’ll be able to stroll down the street and get a good gander at the cars. While there enjoy dinner in one of the neighborhood’s fine establishments. 5-9 p.m.. Walnut Street, Shadyside.
3) Sandcastle’s is in fine mid-summer run and featuring the new”maximum thrill” Dragon’s Den tube ride, where you slide around the rim for awhile and then enter the belly of the beast for a dark mist-filled trip. There’s also Lightning Express speed slide where you zoom down a 60 foot high open water slide. What a concept! A water-amusement ride, , where you combine fear of heights with fear of the water. A real two-fer. Luckily, Sandcastle has good people who look out for us “regular Joes” and make it a fun and safe experience. If it gets too scary, there’s always their Lazy River leisurely raft ride and Wet Willie’s Water Works, and the Tad Pool for kids Mon-Tsunami is the cleverly named, wave pool attraction. Sandcastle is open daily through Labor Day, Sunday through Friday from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., and Saturdays until 7 p.m. 1000 Sandcastle Dr., Homestead.
4) The Balcony Big Band is hitting only high notes in a Monday night performance at Jergel’s Rhythm Grille. 8 p.m. No cover. 103 Slade Ln., Warrendale.
5) Savoy Restaurant’s Savoy Jazz Mondays continues tonight with host band Roger Humphries Trio and jazz guitarist Mark Strickland. 6 – 10 p.m. No cover. 2623 Penn Ave., Strip District.
6) Check out new and established talent at one of the towns’ best open stage nights, Club Cafe’s AcoustiCafe. The supportive and friendly event is hosted by Brooke Annibale. No cover. 7 p.m. 56-58 S. 12th St., South Side.