1) It’s Pittsburgh Restaurant Week! Why is this important to you? More than 50 Pittsburgh restaurants are offering extra special deals through Aug. 17, including three-course, fixed-price meals or $20.14 specialties. To view participating restaurants and for more information, visit Pittsburghrestaurantweek.com. Let’s get out there and support all our great local restaurants!
2) “Kennywood’s open.” No, we don’t mean the local slang usage, but the actual amusement park. The park’s latest attraction, Black Widow, is a high-spinning/swing adventure that gives riders a nice view of the park. For roller coaster enthusiasts, there’s Thunderbolt, Racer, Jack Rabbit, Phantom’s Revenge, Exterminator, and Sky Rocket. If it’s a hot day and you feel like getting a little wet, check out the Log Jammer, Pittsburg(h) Plunge, and Raging Rapids. Kennywood also features thrill rides, classic rides, dark rides (snuggle up with that special someone, hee hee), Kiddie Land, daily entertainment, AND the park’s famous Potato Patch French Fries. 10:30 a.m – 10 p.m. daily. 4800 Kennywood Blvd., West Mifflin.
3) Savoy Restaurant’s Savoy Jazz Mondays continues tonight with the The Roger Humphries Trio featuring noted vocalist Etta Cox. 6 – 10 p.m. No cover. 2623 Penn Ave., Strip District.
4) The Pirates begin a four-game series against the Detroit Tigers tonight. The first two games are at PNC Park and the last two are in Detroit. 7:05 p.m. 115 Federal St., North Shore.
5) Check out new and established talent at one of the city’s best open stage nights, Club Cafe’s AcoustiCafe. Nathan Zoob is tonight’s host of this supportive and friendly event. No cover. 7 p.m. 56 – 58 S. 12th St., South Side.