1) Bobby Watson & Horizon featuring Victor Lewis, Terell Stafford, Edward Simon, and Peter Washington are cranking up the heat in the latest installment of MCG Jazz. Horizon is back after an eight year hiatus with an album and tour both named Horizon Reassembled. This is an all-star band, as many of its members have fronted their own bands. Enjoy an evening of great jazz in a top-notch performance venue. 7 and 9:30 p.m. 1815 Metropolitan St., Manchester.
2) Architecture + Photography is the new exhibit opening today at the Carnegie Museum of Art. The show is an impressive display of photos that explore the role of architecture in society from several different angles, including modernism and architecture as a historical record. Another perspective examines how artists relate to architectural forms in their work. An outstanding array of photographs in this exhibit is derived from the museum’s collection and works by photographers Ezra Stoller and Frances Benjamin Johnston. 4400 Forbes Ave., Oakland.
3) The Pens take on our friends to the east, The Philadelphia Flyers. Let’s hope our skill players shut down the rowdy Flyers. Puck drops at 3 p.m. Consol Energy Center, 1001 Fifth Ave., Uptown.
4) It’s Ferris Bueller’s Revenge in a gig tonight at Jergel’s Rhythm Grille. We are long overdue for a little springtime frolicking, wouldn’t you say? Get your groove on with this fun-time ’80s hits band. 9 p.m. 285 Northgate Dr., Warrendale.
5) Club Cafe hosts lively hip-hop band Formula412 tonight as they throw a record release party for their new EP “The Antithesis.” Formula 412 has opened for funk pioneer Bootsy Collins and played the Three Rivers Arts Festival. Tonight’s gig will showcase the distinctive sound of this hard-working Pittsburgh-based band. 10:30 p.m. 56-58 S. 12th St., South Side.