56th Annual Pittsburgh Folk Festival (CP’s Sat. 4/20/13)
1) The 56th Annual Pittsburgh Folk Festival ends today.It’s an interesting international festival that showcases the rich diversity of Pittsburgh’s ethnic cultures through food, music, dance, crafts and exhibits. 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall and Museum, 4141 Fifth Ave. Oakland. There is also an associated event in the University of Pittsburgh’s William Pitt Union Building during the same hours.
2) Local funnyman Jim Krenn, showcases his comedy at Seven Springs Mountain Resort tonight. Krenn a former WDVE FM morning show host, has developed many colorful characters over the years, including mall guard, Stanley P. Kachowski. Krenn now creates and produces his own comedy podcasts for the Internet. 8 p.m. Seven Springs, Pa., Somerset County.
3) The late show tonight at Club Cafe features the bands TeamMate and Donora. TeamMate is composed of two people, Dani Buncher and Scott Simons. Once in a long-term romantic relationship, the two performers, remain friends and formed TeamMate. Donora is one of Pittsburgh’s favorite indy pop/rock bands. 10:30 p.m. 56-58 S. 12th St., South Side.
4) The Buffalo Sabres are in the ‘Burg to take on our mighty Penguins in a 7 p.m. game at Consol Energy Center. This is the first of only four remaining regular season home games before the playoffs begin. 1001 Fifth Ave., Uptown.
5) At PNC Park the Pirates battle the Atlanta Braves in a 7:05 p.m. game. Don’t miss this opportunity to be one of the first 25,00o fans and get your free Andrew McCutchen bobble head figurine. PNC Park, North Shore.