1) Louisiana native and country music mega-star Tim McGraw visits Pittsburgh on his Two Lanes of Freedom 2013 Tour. “Truck Yeah” and “One of Those Nights” are two of the hits from his latest album, Two Lanes of Freedom. McGraw’s not only successful in awards and album sales. but also in love. He has a happy marriage to the beautiful and graceful, country singer Faith Hill and they have a small brood of “youngins.” Special guests are Brantley Gibert and Love and Theft. 7 p.m. First Niagara Pavilion, Burgettstown.
2) Our battlin’ bucs take on the Houston Astros tonight in a 7:05 p.m. game. It’s Scratch ‘n Win Saturday, the Pirates promise everyone’s a winner. Also. first 25,000 fans receive an A.J. Burnett Camo Jersey Bobblehead. PNC Park North Shore.
3) Let Them Eat Cake! 5001: A Baby Odyssey is a fundraiser happening tonight to benefit The Midwife Center for Birth & Women’s Health. The event features cakes to be judged and eaten, created by both professional and amateur bakers. With a cake and champagne tasting, wine, beer, tea, coffee and espresso bar, a silent auction and entertainment from DJ Zombo, it’s sure to be a fun evening. VIP Reception 6:30 – 7:30 p.m., general event from 7:30 – 10 p.m. Pittsburgh Opera, 2425 Liberty Ave., Strip District
4) Middle Class Rut is an American music success story. Two teenage friends from Sacramento, overcome many obstacles and after years of hard work achieve success in the alternative rock world. Also on the bill are Chux Beta and Coastal Remedy. 8 p.m. Altar Bar, 1620 Penn Ave., Strip District.
5) Jimbo & The Soupbones, a hot soul/R & B band play the Wheelhouse Bar & Grill at the Rivers Casino. 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. 777 Casino Dr., North Shore.