1) Rockers Matchbox Twenty and The Goo Goo Dolls take the stage at First Niagara Pavilion tonight. Matchbox Twenty’s best known hits include “Push” and “3 AM,” while The Goo Goo Dolls had success with “Rebel Beat” and “Better Days.” 7 p.m. 665 Rt. 18, Burgettstown.
2) Championship Play Round 3 continues today at the Constellation Senior Players Championship. This PGA tour stop features two new World Golf Hall of Fame inductees, Fred Couples and Colin Montgomerie. Other big names include Tom Watson, Hale Irwin, Larry Nelson, Tom Kite, Sandy Lyle, Nick Price, and Bernhard Langer. Greensburg’s own PGA star Rocco Mediate will also be teeing off in the tournament. First tee time 7:15 a.m. Check site for parking and shuttle bus info. Continues through tomorrow. Fox Chapel Golf Club, Fox Chapel.
3) Altar Bar hosts The Wallflowers, led by Jacob Dylan, the legendary Bob Dylan’s talented son. The band has generated hits like “One Headlight,” “Six Avenue Heartache” and a newer one, “Reboot The Mission.” 7:30 p.m. 1620 Penn Ave., Strip District.
4) The Pirates take on the Milwaukee Brewers in the second game of a three-game home stand at PNC Park. Tonight is Zambelli Fireworks and Scratch’n Win night. 7:15 p.m.North Shore.
5) Unseam’d Shakespeare Company presents The Tempest, or The Enchanted Isle. This production is a remake of a remake of Shakespeare’s original. It involves an ousted Duke (who has conjuring powers), meddling relatives, half-beasts/half- people, a man who has never seen a woman and a woman who has never seen a man. Oh! and they’re all stuck on a remote island with a ferry. High-jinx ensues. Directed by Michael Hood, The Tempest, or The Enchanted Isle ends today with shows at 4 and 8 p.m. at the Studio Theatre in the second-level basement of the Cathedral of Learning. 4200 Forbes Ave., Oakland.