1) The Dollar Bank Three Rivers Arts Festival features 10 days of free art and music shows! There’s also theater productions and hands-on arts activities for kids. Don’t forget the festival food, including gyros, grilled chicken kabobs, funnel cakes and plenty of deep-fried food items. Tonight’s featured musical act is bluegrass legend Ralph Stanley at the Dollar Bank Stage. 7:30 p.m. The festival opens daily at noon and runs through June 16. Point State Park and Gateway Center, Downtown.
2) JazzLive International continues in the Cultural District today with great national and local bands and entertainers performing live beginning at 1:15 p.m. A big highlight of the day is the return of Pittsburgh native Cecil Brooks III and Hot D.O.G. (5 – 6:30 p.m.) who will play on the 9th Street Stage. I can personally attest to Cecil’s drumming ability as I first saw him play the drums in Peabody High School’s (where we were classmates) Christmas pageant. He was phenomenal.
3) Cold War Kids play Stage AE. The “Kids” are an indie rock band out of Long Beach, California. The band is touring in support of its latest album Dear Miss Lonelyhearts. Opening artist is Legs Like Tree Trunk. Doors open 7 p.m. 400 North Shore Dr., North Shore.
4) Over at Mr. Smalls Funhouse, the band Lotus, a versatile jam band that also dabbles in electronica performs their 2004 album Nomad in its entirety. Special guest is Keeb$. 400 Lincoln Ave., Millvale.
5) Andys Wine Bar in the Fairmont Hotel, presents jazz vocalist Trevor McQueen who will be singing noted jazz and cabaret standards. 8 p.m. – midnight. No cover. 510 Market St. Downtown.