1) The Art Festival on Walnut Street takes over the main thoroughfare in the popular Pittsburgh neighborhood of Shadyside. Enjoy beautiful and interesting works of art created by some of the best local and national artists. While there treat yourself to a tasty meal and some beverages at a Walnut Street eatery including Shady Grove, The Steel Cactus, The Elbow Room, Thai Place, Cappy’s, China Palace, Girasole, and The William Penn Tavern. 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Aug. 25, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Free. Walnut Street between Aiken and Negley Avenues.
2) Isn’t it always the case that there are several great things to do on the same day/days. Well, there’s another great festival this weekend in a neighborhood bordering Shadyside. Bloomfield is hosting Little Italy Days. At this festival you’ll find an abundance of delicious Italian food and baked goods, music, dancing, Boccie ball, sidewalk sales, and maybe a little vino. Some of the stalwarts of the Bloomfield culinary scene are Alexander’s Bistro, The Pleasure Bar, Del’s, Lombardozzi’s, Tessaro’s, Sausalito, and Pizza Italia. Noon – 10 p.m.; noon – 7 p.m. Aug. 25, Free. Liberty Avenue, Bloomfield.
3) Comedian Kevin Nealon continues his stand-up act tonight at the Pittsburgh Improv as part of a two night concert series. Best known for his nine-year stint as a cast member on NBC’s “Saturday Night Live,” Nealon has received critical praise for his role on the Showtime TV series “Weeds.” He has also teamed up with former cast member from “SNL,” Adam Sandler, to work on seven movies, including Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer, Anger Management, and You Don’t Mess With the Zohan. 7 and 9 p.m. 166 E. Bridge St. The Waterfront, Homestead.
4) Totally 80’s, a band who plays hits totally from the 8O’s and that’s totally cool– is performing tonight at the Meadows Race Track and Casino. 8 p.m. Free. Silk’s Lounge, 210 Racetrack Rd., Washington.
5) The Steelers take on the Kansas City Chiefs in a preseason game at Heinz Field. Hopefully the home crowd will perk up the Steelers after their road loss to the Redskins on Monday night. Kickoff at 7:30 p.m. 100 Art Rooney Ave., North Shore.