Yes at Carnegie Library Music Hall (CP’s Sun. 8/4/13)
1) Yes, one of the most influential progressive rock bands of all time, takes the stage tonight at Carnegie Library Music Hall. Yes is known for hits “Love Will Find a Way,” “All Good People,” and “Owner of a Lonely Heart.” Yes band members Chris Squire, Steve Howe, Alan White, Geoff Downes, and Jon Davison will play three of the most popular Yes albums in their entirety, The Yes Album, Close to the Edge, and Going for the One. 7:30 p.m. A second show has been added for tomorrow night. 510 E. 10th St. Munhall.
2) Pirates battle the Colorado Rockies again today as the last day of a three-game home stand. Every Sunday Pirates home game is Kids Day. There’s the Family Fun Zone on Federal Street from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., and then kids get a Pirate prize at the gate. After the game children are invited onto the field to run the bases. Fans 14 and younger receive a Kids Pedro Alvarez Replica Sunday Alternate Jersey. 1:35 p.m. PNC Park, 115 Federal St., North Shore.
3) Bach Beethoven and Brunch Classical Music Series, presented by the City of Pittsburgh, offers a free concert today by Cincopation, a woodwind quintet made up of teachers/performers from the Greater Pittsburgh area, This concert series runs every Sunday through Aug. 11 in Mellon Park from 10:30 am to noon. Pack your own brunch basket or purchase breakfast items at the park. Fifth and Shady avenues., Shadyside.
4) BNY Mellon Jazz presents The Yellowjackets (Jazz) performing in concert tonight as part of the Allegheny County Summer Concert Series at the Hartwood Acres Amphitheater. 7:30 p.m. Indiana and Hampton townships.
5) The Washington County Wine Jazz and Pops Festival features wine, food, and music. Entertainment includes Washington Symphony Orchestra (12:30 p.m.), The Michael Passalaqua Blues Band (2 p.m.), Cello Fury (3 p.m.), and Bill Deasy (4 p.m.). Noon – 5 p.m. North Strabane Municipal Park, 1929 Rt. 519 S., Cannonsburg.