1) It’s Pittsburgh Restaurant Week! Why is this important to you? More than 50 Pittsburgh restaurants are offering extra special deals through Jan. 19. To view participating restaurants and for more information, visit Pittsburghrestaurantweek.com. Let’s get out there and support all our great local restaurants!
2) The Moth Story Slam is in Pittsburgh tonight at Rex Theater. This show is titled Vices. The Moth is a nationally acclaimed organization dedicated to the art and craft of storytelling. They present fascinating true stories told in a compelling manner. 8 p.m. 1602 E. Carson St., South Side.
3) Thunderbird Café’s Space Exchange series continues tonight with Thurman Berman. The band is made up of Jeff Berman (vibes, percussion), Chris Parker (drums, guitar), and Matt Booth (bass). 9 p.m. No cover. 4023 Butler St., Lawrenceville.
4) At Theater Square, bassist Dwayne Dolphin is the featured performer at this Tuesday’s jazz series at Backstage Bar. No cover. 5 – 11 p.m. 655 Penn Ave., Cultural District.
5) Lose some winter weight by getting your legs moving with Ceili Dancing at Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle. This is participatory, which according to their website means, “even on your first Tuesday night, you will dance.” The evening starts at 7:15 p.m. with lessons for beginners, then live music and dancing from 8 – 10 p.m. 2329 Penn Ave., Strip District.